Fr. James Martin, SJ: Enemy of Christ



James Martin, SJ has been around for quite some time. I first became familiar with him through his 2006 book My Life with the Saints. Given where I was in my faith life, it was a decent resource that helped me to grow. When A Jesuit Guide to Nearly Everything came out in 2010, I was all over it. I hungered for the guidance I wasn’t getting from my own father.
Thankfully, despite the spiritual fog I lived in for most of my life, God gave me a sense for what is authentic Catholic teaching. I also listened to Women of Grace on EWTN; they helped to solidify me against the lies of New Age spirituality. When I read Martin’s chapter on centering prayer, I knew something was up. I knew something wasn’t quite right.
I decided then and there to put James Martin aside in favor of more orthodox teachers. I turned to Teresa of Avila. I turned to John of the Cross. I turned to Aquinas and Augustine. I searched for tried and true teachers in order to find solid ground.
I largely forgot about Martin until I heard about his ministry to those who struggle with same-sex attraction. Learning that he was actually legitimizing their choices only confirmed my suspicions. He is flatly contradicting what the Church has taught for 2,000 years. Instead of calling them to repentance, he is confirming them in their sin.
He claims that his ministry is all about building bridges. He claims that he is attempting to find a way to bring the alphabet soup community into the Catholic Church. He says that the Church needs to change in order to accommodate them. He says that we need to celebrate them and accept them as they are.
As LifeSite News recently reported, more than fifty percent of Satanic Temple membership is LGBTQ. This is overt evidence that the devil himself is behind the LGBTQ agenda. James Martin is leading people straight to hell and will likely end up there himself unless he repents. His repentance is precisely what I pray for every day.
What’s even more troubling is that he seems to be gaining more and more influence. There are apparently no bishops who are willing to stop him from spreading heresy. He’s even gotten an apparent endorsement from Pope Francis. James Martin and those who support him and his agenda would have the Church do the impossible, which is to change her doctrine on faith and morals.
As Catholics, we are absolutely called to love those who are struggling. We, as human beings, are all made in the image of God. This means that there is a created order to which we must conform ourselves to. It is our duty to help people find their way to Christ who is the only one who can give us true freedom. We must allow those who have found their freedom by leaving the LGBT life and returning to Christ to speak.
Western culture is in a spiritual and moral decline, arguably starting with the Protestant Reformation. We are now experiencing the full effects. James Martin and the LGBTQ agenda are a part of it.
It is time for us to retake the culture. It is time for us to proclaim once again, loudly and in no uncertain terms, that Jesus is King. We must proclaim the one, true Faith and call others to join the ranks of Christ’s army.


Become a Patron!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The New Year's Hand Slap: Why It's Disconcerting

Sunday Reflections: 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time

Book Review - Terror of Demons: Reclaiming Traditional Catholic Masculinity