Sunday Meditation: Feast of Christ the King


Today is the Feast of Christ the King. As I write that, as I reflect on not only my life and faith journey but also what’s happening in the Church, it is no coincidence that the traditional day falls on the last Sunday of the Amazonian synod.
As of this writing, this blog is rather new. It’s the fruition of a God-given desire to share the Apostolic Faith rooted in the Rule of St. Benedict. Up to this point, I have been writing the meditations according to the Novus Ordo lectionary. It’s no coincidence that today is the day I switch to the traditional lectionary without regrets.
The crisis in the Church is obvious to all with eyes to see. It is painful and dejecting that high-ranking prelates and even the pope himself are choosing to deliberately break the First Commandment. They are obstinately pushing an agenda with diabolical origins aimed at destroying the Church. It’s hard not to break down in tears witnessing the willful rejection of Christ the King.
In the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, there is an especially important meditation. It is a meditation of the two standards, of Christ the King, or of Satan and his ugly forces. It appears that the very men who should be choosing Christ the King are, in fact, choosing Satan. It breaks my heart and I don’t have it in me to scream in rage. All I can do is weep as Jesus did in the garden of Gethsemane. 
And if I am weeping with Jesus, the question must be asked. Is the Church entering into her Passion? It would certainly seem so. Even with all of the tears and heartbreak, I have to remind myself that there is hope. I have to remind myself that the promise of Christ is true because He is the Truth and cannot deceive. I have to remind myself of Our Lady’s promise at Fatima, that her Immaculate Heart will triumph in the end.
Yes, Christ is our King. He is King of kings and Lord of lords. His justice is sure and His promises are true. The eternal enemy is now out in the open for all with eyes to see. The choice before us is plain. Will we choose to do our duty and fight with Christ the King? Will we choose to submit to His gentle reign? Or will we choose to believe the smoke of Satan, to follow what’s fashionable and feels good?
Yes. The choice before us is black and white. We are either for Him or against Him. We cannot serve two masters. To say that we do would be to lie both to God and to ourselves. So which master do you choose?
As for me and my house, we choose, without holding on iota back, to follow Christ. He is our King. He is our glory. The riches and honors of this world are vain; they are dung. To have Christ, to be washed in His Precious Blood, is true wealth, true power, and true freedom. To love Him is to reign with Him. To despise Him is death.
Which path do you choose?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The New Year's Hand Slap: Why It's Disconcerting

Book Review - Terror of Demons: Reclaiming Traditional Catholic Masculinity